[Ves] QT 5 iOS and VES

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Wed Dec 3 15:50:01 EST 2014

Hi Rick,

> Has anyone used the Qt iOS / Android support combined with VES?

Not that I know of, although others at Kitware might.

> Does VES have Qt support for iOS /Android similar to VTK desktop build?

No. Qt on iOS and Android is relatively new compared to VES. However, as VTK's rework of its OpenGL rendering pipeline matures, VES functionality is being moved into VTK. If anything was to support Qt going forward, it would be VTK's support for mobile devices (in VTK/Examples/{iOS,Android} in master branch). As far as I know, no one has attempted this yet.

	David