[Ves] Adjusting directory tree name for a post VES/Kiwi Superbuild

DEB63 at pitt.edu DEB63 at pitt.edu
Fri Oct 25 14:42:53 EDT 2013

Hello,

Is there an easy way to change the name of the main directory branch of a
VES/KIWI download/superbuild, without causing problems?  For instance, If
i ran the initial VES/Kiwi superbuild, and downloaded the libraries into
the following directory:
~/DEV_VES_ANDROID1/

Later on, without redownloading the libraries, how would I be able to
change it to:
~/DEV_VES_ANDROID2/
or
~/VES_VERSIONS/DEV_VES_ANDROID2/
or whatever?

...(for instance) without performing a fresh download/VES superbuild?

I ask as it appears that, during the superbuild, the path for
"DEV_VES_ANDROID" (in the above example) ends up getting scattered and
hardcoded into files throughout the directory, and does not appear to be a
simple matter to change - especially if i wanted to refresh the superbuild
after making adjustments to any of the source files.

Thanks
Dave