[Ves] vtkAxesActor

Eduardo Poyart poyart at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 00:07:00 EDT 2013

I can share something soon, not all of my source but the parts that do
this change. I'm interested in doing that. I think I can fork
Aashish's project on github and put my changes there. Is it kept up to
date?

However, it's not very general at this point, I have to clean it up.
What I did was: copied the vesKiwiImageWidgetRepresentation to my own
ImageWidgetRepresentation, and I handle single touch, two touch, etc
instead of sending the events up the chain. I'm currently not using
the CameraSpinner because it's too tied to the camera. It would be
interesting if it operated on a Transform instead (both the Spinner
and the CameraInteractor).

I store the model's Transform in this class and I add it to the scene
graph above the actor. For the slice picking, I just transform the ray
by the inverse model transform before doing the intersection tests.

I don't remember exactly why I had to copy
vesKiwiImageWidgetRepresentation instead of subclassing it. In general
I found it hard to subclass Kiwi classes, mostly due to needed things
being inside Internal, without accessors.

Eduardo