[Ves] test mailing list

Maarten van Oosterhout mvo.home at chello.nl
Sun Mar 10 22:55:20 EDT 2013

ndk r8b is the one I use too.

I've retraced my steps.

With building a fresh git clone, following instructions on:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/Download_And_Build_Instructions
To the letter.

I get two errors while building ves, both easily fixed:

Error 1:

CMake Error at CMake/vtkCompilerExtras.cmake:40 (if):
  if given arguments:

    "arm-linux-androideabi-gcc (GCC) 4.7

Fixed by commenting out some lines in vtkCompilerExtras.cmake, line 40.
Building static libs anyway so this should have no consequences.

 # if(${_gcc_version} VERSION_GREATER 4.2.0 AND BUILD_SHARED_LIBS
 #   AND HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY AND VTK_USE_GCC_VISIBILITY
 #   AND NOT MINGW AND NOT CYGWIN)
 #   # Should only be set if GCC is newer than 4.2.0
 #   set(VTK_ABI_CXX_FLAGS "-fvisibility=hidden
-fvisibility-inlines-hidden")
 # else()
    set(VTK_ABI_CXX_FLAGS "")
 # endif()

Error 2:

CMake Error at CMake/GenerateExportHeader.cmake:177 (if):
  if given arguments:

    "arm-linux-androideabi-gcc (GCC) 4.7

fix GenerateExportHeader.cmake line 177:

#if(${_gcc_version} VERSION_LESS "4.2")
#      set(GCC_TOO_OLD TRUE)
#endif()

I know gcc is 4.7, so can safely comment out.

After that the build completes successfully.

Then I build Kiwi following intructions to the letter.
This also builds successfully.

After that I run ./run.sh
The app crashes at the "loading data" message:
Logcat:
03-11 02:37:18.352: A/libc(3830): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at
0x00000000 (code=1)

As said in my previous message.
If I instead make an eclipse makefile project with CMake.
And configure the project by editing:
Android.mk, Application.mk, etc
To include gnustl_static and have all necessary paths and libs included.
Then KiwiViewer runs without problems.

My best guess is that it has to do with the stl port version used.
Because when I use stlport_static or other variants in the eclipse
project. I get similar errors.

Maarten