[Ves] setColorMap

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Tue Jun 25 20:24:04 EDT 2013

Hi,

When you say the stage version, I think you are referring to the kiwi-next
branch (or kiwi-next-apps).  In this branch, the color map API has been
improved, but moved :)  You'll now find that the base class,
vesKiwiDataRepresentation has a color map "collection", or a
vesKiwiColorMapCollection.

So, instead of doing:

rep->setColorMap(colorMap);

You can do:

rep->colorMapCollection()->setDefaultColorMap(colorMap);

But now you can also set multiple colormaps for different arays:

vesKiwiColorMapCollection::Ptr collection = rep->colorMapCollection();
collection->setColorMap("image_scalars", colorMap);

Then if you have an image with a scalar array with the name "image_scalars"
then your color map will be chosen.  A single vesKiwiColorMapCollection can
be shared by multiple representations.

You can also set named color maps.

collection->setColorMap("my color map", colorMap);
collection->setColorMapForArray("image_scalars", "my color map");

Hope this helps!

Pat