[Ves] Kiwi obj texture

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Fri Jun 21 21:15:57 EDT 2013

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately, there's no support for mtl files.  Kiwi uses the OBJ reader
from VTK:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkOBJReader.html

And that reader is missing texture support, it doesn't read mtl files and
it doesn't read the texture coordinates from the obj file.  You could try
asking on the VTK mailing list to see if someone has a solution for
converting obj+tcoords into a vtk dataset.  Kiwi's current method for
then use a .kiwi file to associate a png or jpg file.  There's not support
for multitextures unfortunately, either.  Basically, if you can get your
mesh to appear with texture coordinates in ParaView, then you can export it
for KiwiViewer, too.

Pat