[Ves] VES on the Raspberry Pi

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Fri Jul 5 11:34:06 EDT 2013

As Aashish suggested, make sure VES_USE_DESKTOP_GL to OFF in the ves-host
build directory.  That way vesGL.h will include ES2/gl.h.   Next, you might
need to edit src/ves/CMakeLists.txt and comment out the line
add_subdirectory(Testing) so that the src/ves/Testing tests are not
compiled.  For now, just attempt to compile the tests in
src/ves/kiwi/Testing, and among those, just try TestKiwiViewer.cpp first.
Instead of commenting out lines in the CMakeLists.txt fiels, you can just
run "make TestKiwiViewer" and it will only compile the libraries and then
the single test program.  TestKiwiViewer.cpp should use the modified
vesKiwiTestHelper.h that I attached to my email, and that file uses
vesTestHelperRaspi.h, which does not use GLUT or X11.

Pat