[Ves] Problem with 'Point Cloud Streaming' compilation in VES

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Fri Aug 16 10:06:59 EDT 2013

Hi Hashim,

In general you would like to send an email to VES mailing list so that
others can respond as well.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Hashim Yaqub <hashimkyaqub at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Aashish, I was not sure how else to contact you but I've run into some
> trouble, and I need some help.
>
> I have been following the tutorial of running the mobile app 'point cloud
> streaming'.
>
> I have successfully compiled VES, vtk etc and it got it running on my
> Nexus 7 tablet.
>
> I'm at the stage where I'm compiling PointCloudStreaming. When I run
> 'configure_cmake.sh', I get the following error:
>
> Run 'git help git' to display the help index.
> Run 'git help <command>' to display help for specific commands.
> + VTK_DIR=/source/ves/build/CMakeExternals/Build/vtk-android
> + VES_DIR=/source/ves/build/CMakeExternals/Build/ves-android
> + TOOLCHAIN=/source/ves/ves/CMake/toolchains/android.toolchain.cmake
> + mkdir -p /c/VES/Apps/Android/PointCloudStreaming
> + cd /c/VES/Apps/Android/PointCloudStreaming
> + /c/Program Files '(x86)/CMake' 2.8/bin/cmake
> -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/source/ve
> s/ves/CMake/toolchains/android.toolchain.cmake
> -DANDROID_NATIVE_API_LEVEL=9 -DVT
> K_DIR=/source/ves/build/CMakeExternals/Build/vtk-android
> -DVES_DIR=/source/ves/b
> uild/CMakeExternals/Build/ves-android
> /c/VES/Apps/Android/PointCloudStreaming
> *C:\VES\Apps\Android\PointCloudStreaming\configure_cmake.sh: line 11:
> /c/Program:*
> * No such file or directory*

Is this windows? Looks like spaces between Program and Files is causing the
configure_cmake.sh to fail. Make sure that paths within this script are
surrounded by double quotes. You may have to deal with this problem in some
other way as well.