[Ves] KiwiViewer head revision

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Thu Apr 18 22:35:21 EDT 2013

You can use the KiwiSimple app to open any of the datasets, including the
CT model, which is in Kiwi/Kiwi/Data/head.vti.  To open head.vti, just edit
MyGLKViewController.mm and replace the teapot.vtp with head.vti (line 65).
Then add head.vti to the xcode project so the file is bundled with the app.

The old KiwiViewer was removed from the repository because it used outdated
iOS APIs and could no longer be support.  If you'd like to use this version
again, you can checkout prior versions of the VES source code, such as the
v1.0.0 tag (from January last year) or the most recent commit before the
old KiwiViewer was removed:  c829f02b7 (March this year)

The new KiwiViewer 2.0 app is available in the branch stage/kiwi-next-apps,
but it can be difficult to build this branch because of the new required
dependencies.  Once the dependencies have been sorted out, this app will be
available in the master branch, but we don't have a planned schedule for
that work yet.

Pat