[Ves] vesMidasClient not escaping form data

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Wed Apr 3 18:36:37 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I've run into an issue with some code I stole from vesMidasClient... it appears that vesMidasClient::renewToken() does not escape the API key (or any other parameters sent to request()). So, if you are unlucky, your Midas API key contains a plus sign ('+') and the server will unescape it into a space. That will prevent MIDAS from authenticating.

I'm happy to push a fix, but am curious whether vesMidasClient::request() should just escape all of the parameters it is given or whether to manually escape only some parameters like the API key... Any opinions?

	Thanks,
	David