[Ves] ves for harmattan(?)

Riccardo Vianello riccardo.vianello at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 07:42:40 EDT 2012

Dear developers,

do you plan to port VES and the KiwiViewer to harmattan (the meego
distribution for the nokia N9), or would you be interested in a
similar port? I've been experimenting a little around this idea and
both vtk-modular and ves apparently build just fine with the
cross-compilation toolchain from the QtSDK, and I think I might have
figured out most of the technical details required to integrate the
KiwiViewer app into a native QtQuick gui. Should you be interested, I
would be more than happy to make this code available for review and
possibly contribute it to the project. Otherwise (I understand the N9
might represent a too small niche), I would appreciate some quick
directions wrt to how to properly manage naming/branding and copyright
notices in case I intended to release it as an unofficial port..

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,
Riccardo