[Ves] Debugging VES

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Mon Mar 12 13:59:22 EDT 2012

Hi Sishir,

Rather than use Android.mk to build VES, I recommend you stick with the
regular cmake + makefiles build.  In cmake, you can configure the
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE variable to be Debug, or RelWithDebInfo, this will build
ves with debug information so that it can be debugged by ndk-gdb when
linked to your project.

For you build error when configuring the build for linux, you are missing
GLESv2.  I install this on ubuntu using the mesa package: libgles2-mesa-dev

Please send your questions to the VES public mailing list so that others
can participate.

Pat