[Ves] Documentation, resources and help.

Wallas Henrique Sousa dos Santos wallashss at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 11:08:25 EDT 2012

Thank Aashish and Bill for the explanation,

Sorry for my terrible mistake, I have build the Kiwi once, and when I was going to try the Brain Atlas I "skipped" some steps and got wrong. I haven't uncommented a some lines. I'm really sorry and ashamed.

But, I tried everything and what I got:
-I didn't found 'vesKiwiViewerApp.cpp' at VES/src/vtkVES, instead I found it at 'VES/src/kiwi'. I have cloned the source from git again today.
-In the file I have commented the lines, I copy & paste the context of lines which I've commented.
-160-161;
bool vesKiwiViewerApp::vesInternal::setShaderProgramOnRepresentations(
  vesSharedPtr<vesShaderProgram> shaderProgram)
{
  bool success = false;

  for (size_t i = 0; i < this->DataRepresentations.size(); ++i) {
    vesKiwiPolyDataRepresentation *polyDataRepresentation =
        dynamic_cast<vesKiwiPolyDataRepresentation*>(this->DataRepresentations[i]);

    vesKiwiImageWidgetRepresentation *imageWidgetRepresentation =
        dynamic_cast<vesKiwiImageWidgetRepresentation*>(this->DataRepresentations[i]);

    if (polyDataRepresentation) {
      polyDataRepresentation->setShaderProgram(shaderProgram);
      success = true;
    }
    else if (imageWidgetRepresentation) {
      //imageWidgetRepresentation->setShaderProgram(shaderProgram);   --HERE
      //success = true;
    }
  }

  return success;
}

-592-602;
bool vesKiwiViewerApp::initTextureShader(const std::string& vertexSource,
                                         const std::string& fragmentSource)
{
  vesSharedPtr<vesShaderProgram> shaderProgram
    = this->addShaderProgram(vertexSource, fragmentSource);
  /*this->addModelViewMatrixUniform(shaderProgram); --HERE
  this->addProjectionMatrixUniform(shaderProgram);
  this->addVertexPositionAttribute(shaderProgram);
  this->addVertexTextureCoordinateAttribute(shaderProgram);
  this->Internal->TextureShader = shaderProgram;
  return true;
}

bool vesKiwiViewerApp::initGouraudTextureShader(const std::string& vertexSource, const std::string& fragmentSource)
{*/
  vesShaderProgram::Ptr shaderProgram = this->addShaderProgram(vertexSource, fragmentSource);
  this->addModelViewMatrixUniform(shaderProgram);
  this->addProjectionMatrixUniform(shaderProgram);
  this->addNormalMatrixUniform(shaderProgram);
  this->addVertexPositionAttribute(shaderProgram);
  this->addVertexNormalAttribute(shaderProgram);
  this->addVertexTextureCoordinateAttribute(shaderProgram);
  this->Internal->GouraudTextureShader = shaderProgram;
  return true;
}

-When I try to build again I got:

[ 91%] Building CXX object src/kiwi/CMakeFiles/kiwi.dir/vesKiwiPlaneWidget.cpp.o
[ 93%] Building CXX object src/kiwi/CMakeFiles/kiwi.dir/vesKiwiPolyDataRepresentation.cpp.o
[ 95%] Building CXX object src/kiwi/CMakeFiles/kiwi.dir/vesKiwiStreamingDataRepresentation.cpp.o
[ 96%] Building CXX object src/kiwi/CMakeFiles/kiwi.dir/vesKiwiText2DRepresentation.cpp.o
[ 98%] Building CXX object src/kiwi/CMakeFiles/kiwi.dir/vesKiwiViewerApp.cpp.o
/Developer/Misc/VES2/VES/src/kiwi/vesKiwiViewerApp.cpp: In member function ‘bool vesKiwiViewerApp::initTextureShader(const std::string&, const std::string&)’:
/Developer/Misc/VES2/VES/src/kiwi/vesKiwiViewerApp.cpp:603: error: redeclaration of ‘std::tr1::shared_ptr<vesShaderProgram> shaderProgram’
/Developer/Misc/VES2/VES/src/kiwi/vesKiwiViewerApp.cpp:590: error: ‘std::tr1::shared_ptr<vesShaderProgram> shaderProgram’ previously declared here
make[6]: *** [src/kiwi/CMakeFiles/kiwi.dir/vesKiwiViewerApp.cpp.o] Error 1
make[5]: *** [src/kiwi/CMakeFiles/kiwi.dir/all] Error 2
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [CMakeExternals/Stamp/ves-ios-device/ves-ios-device-build] Error 2
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/ves-ios-device.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/ves-ios-device.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [ves-ios-device] Error 2

Am I missing something else again?

Thank All,

Cheers,
Wallas

Em 23/06/2012, às 09:28, Aashish Chaudhary escreveu:

> -I was trying the Brain Atlas demo,  followed the instructions but It didn't work. I had built and run the Kiwi viewer successfully but I could not load the data of brain atlas neither can_data. It doesn't apper in the tableview of the app. What I have understand is to drag&drop all files on Data group of the project, and it should appear in the dataset. Something there I noticed was a little part of the list of files on the screenshot of the wiki page doesn't have in the tgz provided on the page. For example the file brain_atlas_mri.mha in the screen doesn't have in the data that I've downloaded.
>
> -Is there more documentation, resources or tutorials? I'm have difficulties to understand the library. I think just the doxygen document not enough to get what I need. I swear that I search a lot for resources, but I didn't have any choice than to ask...
>
> Sorry, you had trouble. No, we don't have a tutorial yet. If you are trying to use VES for Dicom Viewer, then I would suggest looking at the TestKiwiViewer.cpp test. For the brain atlas, you need to make sure data is copied to the project.
>
> Sorry for any convenience or my bad text.
>
> Thank you all.
>

> Wallas Henrique Sousa dos Santos
>
> Mestrando em Informática
>
> Núcleo de Computação Aplicada - CCET - UFMA
>
> 55 98 8222 2000

> --
> | Aashish Chaudhary
> | R&D Engineer
> | Kitware Inc.
> | www.kitware.com

Wallas Henrique Sousa dos Santos

Mestrando em Informática

Núcleo de Computação Aplicada - CCET - UFMA

55 98 8222 2000

Início da mensagem encaminhada: