[Ves] PointCloudStreaming continuous streaming

Friedrich Schick friedrich.schick at 3-vi.com
Fri Aug 10 05:06:37 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have ported the "PointCloudStreaming" example to Linux. On Linux new
data is only rendered if I explicit call render myself, is there a way
to trigger ::render() as soon as data has been received?

My goal is to have a PointCloudStreaming application running on
Android. It should continuous receive data from a server and display
it (live-stream movie). At the moment it seems, that the Android
application does not update the data once it has been loaded.

Android: 2.3.6, Galaxy SII
Linux: Ubuntu 12.04

- does vesKiwiStreamingDataRepresentation update its internal data
once it has successfully received some data?
- does vesKiwiStreamingDataRepresentation explicit trigger
vesKiwiViewerApp::render()?

I want to stream data to my android device (not that many points), so
it looks like a movie. If its not possible with the current
vesKiwiStreamingDataRepresentation, do you have any hints how to
start?

Best regards

Friedrich