[Ves] Actors

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Mon Apr 16 10:29:37 EDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM, William Deboie
<william.deboie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Aashish. I will take a look and experiment VES.

> Any chances of having Volume Rendering in VES working. How difficult would
> be to add it?

It will be tricky for various reasons. I definitely has interest in it
and other day I was talking to our Volume Rendering expert about it.

Perhaps, including GPU-based Ray Casting. Or you think
> GLES-oriented GPU's are too weak yet for this kind of processing?

It could be. Although using GL_OES_texture_3D extension we could get
3D texture in VES but I am not really sure how its going to perform in
real time. Although I must add that given current hardware status I
won't be surprised if we can get decent frame rate for small to medium
datatsets.