[Tubetk-developers] itkImageToTubeRigidRegistration2

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Wed Jul 25 17:29:14 EDT 2012

Hi Michael,

Many thanks for the information.

> From what I remember and what I just checked quickly:
>
> The "itkImageToTubeRigidRegistration" is the re-factored and cleaned version
> of the initial one given the exact same results while the
> "itkImageToTubeRigidRegistration2" is a modified version of this previous
> class.
> This last one is supposed to be better as described here:
> (https://docs.google.com/open?id=1psAY1BKx2pEfVPDF4S-xwHOuSP4Mrp7AxQXErgmmQvHthA-LvFauCEdfpQQs).

Could you please share that document with me?  The link does not work.

> It is the one I would like to be the right one (I may have to go through an
> other clean step however), nevertheless I was waiting for some feedbacks
> first and as you are saying:
>
>> Comparing the output of the tests, the registered tube resampled onto
>> an image, the "2" result does not resemble the input image (as far as
>> I can tell).
>
> --> See Image enclosed.
>
> I just have some trouble to explain this as the performance measurement on
> the second metric seems to be more accurate and following a "more" coherent
> curve and equations compared to the initial one (c.f. previous link &&
> enclosed convergence curves). I was thinking about first making the read of
> the ".tre" file to be able to make some visual comparisons; I am really open
> to any explanations/ideas about why the results are that "bad" given the new
> metric.

I have attached screenshots from the test outputs on my side.  The
translation along the "axial" direction is off in the "2" case.

If you would like a second set of eyes, I can work on a piecewise
integration of the second class.

> Then, concerning the ability to read a ".tre" file into a viewer, It is
> exactly what I am currently working on. I will create a specific module to
> get the reading and representation done as well as the integration with a
> MRML scene.
> Thank you to let me know if the plan suits you and do not hesitate for any
> comments/suggestions.

Excellent.  Where is this code currently located?  Would you like to
work on this while I address the convergence issues?

Thanks,
Matt