[Tubetk-developers] RegisterImages

Stephen Aylward stephen.aylward at kitware.com
Sun Dec 2 08:16:28 EST 2012

Hi,

Slicer has renamed
   RegisterImages
   ExpertAutomatedRegistration
in Slicer4.

Talking with JC, we think it should become its own repository so that
it can be included in TubeTK and other toolkits.  Just as we are doing
with ImageViewer, libsvm, etc.

JC - should we use the subtree option in git to create that new
repository, or did you have something else in mind?

PS> For those interested in subtrees.  Github and JC have some nice docs on it.

====== Notes from Github ========
  https://github.com/apenwarr/git-subtree/blob/master/git-subtree.txt

====== Notes from JC ===========
First, make the new repository wherever you want:
   >  <go to the new location>
   >  git init --bare

Back in your original directory:
   >  git subtree split --prefix=lib --annotate="(split)" -b split

Then push the new branch onto the new empty repository:
   >  git push <new-repo> split:master

For example:
   > cd ~/Projects
   > mkdir SlicerExecutionModel && cd SlicerExecutionModel && git init
--bare && cd ..
   > cd Slicer4
   > git-subtree split --prefix=Libs/SlicerExecutionModel/ -b
SlicerExecutionModel
   > git remote add local-SlicerExecutionModel
file:///home/jchris/Projects/SlicerExecutionModel
   > git push local-SlicerExecutionModel SlicerExecutionModel:refs/heads/master

Now, let’s push things on github ..

--

Stephen R. Aylward, Ph.D.