[Rtk-users] rtksart exception error

Vincent Libertiaux vl at xris.eu
Thu Feb 24 05:30:18 EST 2022

On 24.02.22 10:02, Simon Rit wrote:
> Hi,
> It seems that CMake has trouble finding Cuda. What version of cmake
> are you using? Is your cmake variable CMAKE_CUDA_COMPILER set to the
> correct nvcc compiler?
> A similar problem <https://github.com/SimonRit/ITKCudaCommon/issues/8>
> has been reported for the CudaCommon package so I'm not sure I have
> the solution yet. I haven't been able to reproduce it on my side...
> Simon
>
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 9:52 AM Vincent Libertiaux <vl at xris.eu> wrote:
>
>     Hi Simon,
>
>     I have trouble compiling the git version of RTK.  Here are the
>     steps I followed:
>
>     - Compiled ITK 5.3rc without checking the RTK Module
>
>     - In CMake (RTK project), I set up the ITK_DIR variable to the
>     directory where I built ITK
>
>     Configuration is ok, unfortunately, generation shouts a huge
>     amount of errors at me:
>
>     CMake Error at
>     /home/vincent/IPTools/InsightToolkit-5.3rc02/CMake/ITKModuleHeaderTest.cmake:87
>     (add_executable): Target "RTKHeaderTest1" links to target
>     "CUDA::cufft" but the target was not found. Perhaps a
>     find_package() call is missing for an IMPORTED target, or an ALIAS
>     target is missing? Call Stack (most recent call first):
>     /home/vincent/IPTools/InsightToolkit-5.3rc02/CMake/ITKModuleMacros.cmake:207
>     (itk_module_headertest)
>     /home/vincent/IPTools/InsightToolkit-5.3rc02/CMake/ITKModuleExternal.cmake:162
>     (itk_module_impl) CMakeLists.txt:216 (include)
>
>     CMake Error at
>     /home/vincent/IPTools/InsightToolkit-5.3rc02/CMake/ITKModuleHeaderTest.cmake:87
>     (add_executable): Target "RTKHeaderTest1" links to target
>     "CUDA::cublas" but the target was not found. Perhaps a
>     find_package() call is missing for an IMPORTED target, or an ALIAS
>     target is missing? Call Stack (most recent call first):
>     /home/vincent/IPTools/InsightToolkit-5.3rc02/CMake/ITKModuleMacros.cmake:207
>     (itk_module_headertest)
>     /home/vincent/IPTools/InsightToolkit-5.3rc02/CMake/ITKModuleExternal.cmake:162
>     (itk_module_impl) CMakeLists.txt:216 (include)
>
>     The list goes on for quite a while. I have probably misunderstood
>     the compilation instruction against an existing ITK. Would you
>     mind to point me in the right direction ?
>
>     Thank you,
>
>     Vincent

Hi Simon,

my sincerest apologies.  I downloaded the latest version of CMake this
morning but forgot that I modified the itk-module-init.cmake yesterday
as my previous version didn't recognize "find_package(CUDAToolkit)".  I
replaced it with "find_package(CUDA" as per a suggestion on SO. I just
changed it back, configured, compiled and tested.

I obtain the same message as yours, "Description: Cuda Error : out of
memory" so I think you can merge your modification.

Thanks and sorry again,

Vincent