[Rtk-users] Itk and rtk python install issues

Andrew Mark amark at magneticinsight.com
Tue Jul 14 11:48:29 EDT 2020

Hello,

I am an ITK and RTK beginner. I am trying to use itk-rtk (Python). Before attempting to build from source, I decided to try the precompiled binaries. I set up a clean environment with python3.7 installed (via Miniconda) on Windows 10 and ran the following:

Python -m pip install itk
Python -m pip install itk-rtk

I verified I could import both packages, and I then attempted to run FirstReconstruction.py, which is part of the RTK repo.

I got a lazy loading error:
```
itkPointSetD3 not loaded from module ITKRegistrationCommon because of exception:
module 'itk.ITKRegistrationCommonPython' has no attribute 'itkPointSetD3'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "FirstReconstruction.py", line 19, in <module>
    geometry = rtk.ThreeDCircularProjectionGeometry.New()
  File "C:\Users\amark\Miniconda3\envs\mi\lib\site-packages\itkLazy.py", line 52, in __getattribute__
    itkBase.LoadModule(module, namespace)
  File "C:\Users\amark\Miniconda3\envs\mi\lib\site-packages\itkBase.py", line 99, in LoadModule
    module = loader.load(swig_module_name)
  File "C:\Users\amark\Miniconda3\envs\mi\lib\site-packages\itkBase.py", line 220, in load
    module.__loader__.exec_module(module)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "C:\Users\amark\Miniconda3\envs\mi\lib\site-packages\itk\RTKPython.py", line 119, in <module>
    from itkFixedArrayRTKPython import *
  File "C:\Users\amark\Miniconda3\envs\mi\lib\site-packages\itk\Configuration\..\itkFixedArrayRTKPython.py",
line 106, in <module>
    import pyBasePython
  File "C:\Users\amark\Miniconda3\envs\mi\lib\site-packages\itk\Configuration\..\pyBasePython.py", line 8, in
<module>
    from . import _ITKPyBasePython
ImportError: attempted relative import with no known parent package
```

Does anyone have any insight? Once I get this working, could I expect the precompiled binaries to allow me to run the CUDA accelerated version of this example?

Thanks!

Andrew