[Rtk-users] R: Ring Artifacts correction

gabriele.belotti.bergamo at gmail.com gabriele.belotti.bergamo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 08:47:06 EDT 2020

Dear all,

I’m forwarding this email as the original had an image that was blocked from
the mailing list due to overall size.

Gabriele

Da: gabriele.belotti.bergamo at gmail.com <gabriele.belotti.bergamo at gmail.com>
Inviato: mercoledì 1 luglio 2020 11.51
A: rtk-users at public.kitware.com
Oggetto: Ring Artifacts correction

Dear Rtk users and developers,

I have a set of projections that suffer both from truncation and ring
artifacts.
While for the first issue I’ve been fiddling with the --pad option to a
satisfying result, I’m unsure what would be the best way to deal with the
ring artifacts in RTK.
I’ll attach a screenshot of the sinogram showing evident strikes and an
animated gif with the resulting reconstruction highlighting the concentric
rings.

Thanks in advance for your help and input!

Gabriele Belotti