[Rtk-users] detector with not multiple pixel gap

Julia Semyakishkina prekrasnaya1985 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 01:11:41 EST 2020

Hi!
I have a slightly non-typical task. I've got a detector with a vertical gap
that is not equal to pixel, so if I just insert interpolated pixel(s) to
projection then corresponding geometry artifacts appear.
https://i.imgur.com/1gwW1vx.png

In order to take full account of the gap I'm trying to reconstruct my
volume twice. So there are two sets of projections on opposite sides of the
gap. I passed simple steps:
- firstly reconstruct volume for the left side with correct offset that
takes into account the gap;
- reconstruct volume for the right side with also correct offset and
initial volume from previous reconstruction;

The volume obtained by this sequence does not suffer from geometry
artifacts! However, there is a bright point in the center of the volume and
the lines that come out of it. https://imgur.com/nUJ1IW5. Obviously, it's
related to projection's edge, just like a fov circle in usual
reconstruction. Is there any way to get rid of it ?