[Rtk-users] Multi GPU capabilities

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Oct 15 11:53:46 EDT 2019

Hi,
No. This is quite a challenge to implement this and we have no resources on
this topic. My first attempt to do this would be to use ASTRA
<http://www.astra-toolbox.com/> from RTK. RTK only automagically select the
"best" GPU, see here
<https://github.com/SimonRit/RTK/blob/master/utilities/ITKCudaCommon/src/itkCudaContextManager.cxx#L67>
.
For FDK, I think it would be easy to split the volume and ask each GPU to
reconstruct a specific part of the volume (but I never did it and RTK would
need to allow parameterization of the device which it currently doesn't).
Note that we don't use the unified memory framework.
Simon