[Rtk-users] Problems with --like and --dimension parameters of rtkforwardprojections and rtkfdk

anais.capouillez at student.uliege.be anais.capouillez at student.uliege.be
Mon Jan 29 06:03:45 EST 2018

Hi,

My name is Anaïs, I’m a student in computer sciences, and I'm currently doing my internship, which consists partly to do a tomographic reconstruction.

I use rtk to reconstruct my model, but I have problems when I use rtkforwardprojections and rtkfdk with –like or –dimension.
Indeed, if I use them with the default parameters, it works correctly, but when I specify –like or certain values of –dimension the reconstruction isn’t correct.
For instance if I use the example file muCT.mha as my model, it works perfectly with the default parameters, but if I choose –like=muCT.mha, in my reconstruction file there are mostly black voxels.
I also saw that the example in the scripts for forward projections (http://wiki.openrtk.org/index.php/RTK/Scripts/ForwardProjection) works when the spacing, the origin, and the dimension specified to rtkfdk are the same than the model.

I wanted to know why it doesn’t works when I use –like.
Is there a relation between the geometry and dimensions and that’s why I have problems (for instance due to the source being too close to the object)?

Thank you very much.

Anaïs