[Rtk-users] Hounsfield Unit Conversion - New User

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon Feb 19 01:39:40 EST 2018

Hi,
To convert to HU, you need to measure a phantom with water and air and to
apply the formula for HU conversion (see wikipedia
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hounsfield_scale>). Note that due to scatter
in (Elekta) cone-beam CTs, you will have difficulties in doing this
conversion due to strong artifacts.
The --wpc coefficients can allow you to apply the slope of this formula but
the intercept must be subtracted after reconstruction. We illustrate here
<http://wiki.openrtk.org/index.php/WaterPreCorrection> how to use wpc.
Good luck,
Simon