[Rtk-users] RTK on multiple GPU's

Matthew Joseph Riblett riblettmj at mymail.vcu.edu
Fri Feb 9 14:06:45 EST 2018

Vincent,

This should be possible – you may have to tell the application what GPU you would like it to use by setting an environment variable.  I run on a machine with four GPUs and can individually select which one I want to use by calling ‘CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=0 rtkfdk ...’  or ‘CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=1 rtkfdk …’ which exposes the target GPU to the running application.  This is a very manual, command line approach, however the CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES variable can also be set to a unique value for each user in their respective user profile (e.g. setting ‘CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=1’ for USER1 in ~/.bashrc on a Linux machine).  This second approach makes it so that each user has a dedicated GPU at their disposal whenever they need it.

Hope this helps.

— Matt

__
Matthew J. Riblett