[Rtk-users] SIRT Reconstruction

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon Sep 4 02:13:24 EDT 2017

Dear Lotte,
Thanks for the data. I have had a look (you can thank Ana for the
reminder).  The snapshots show indeed a bad result. My advice is to work on
a small example first, as the one enclosed for this test (you can create
one from real data to). Since I have never worked with SIRT before, I first
checked SIRT's definition and let's agree on this paper
dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMI.2008.923696 (which I recommend if you want to use
SIRT). Then I noticed that it does not update after the first iteration
and, indeed, the last subset was not used which gets unnoticed with SART
but not with SIRT... The fix is in a new branch named sirt and will be
merged later today if all tests pass. The results look more as expected,
i.e., no convergence after 100 iterations but something closer to the
solution. Check the mentionned reference for improving convergence (they
suggest 1.99 as a relaxation parameter) but my feeling is that the
conjugate gradient algorithm is more efficient (and it's been more tested
in RTK).
Best regards,