[Rtk-users] FDK for planar ct

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Oct 10 13:06:24 EDT 2017

Hi,
It's still not clear to me but what is helpful is to think in terms of
source trajectory wrt the object.
Trajectory 1: if I understand, you move the source on two circles plus one
point. I don't know of a FBP algorithm to reconstruct this, but there might
be one. I would consider iterative reconstruction first.
Trajectory 2: your trajectory is a point, the source does not move with
respect ot the object since it lies on the rotation axis. So each
projection contains exactly the same information up to a simple 2D
projection deformation. So it's hopeless to reconstruct from one projection
only.
To create the correct geometry, I would suggest using the function
AddProjection
<https://github.com/SimonRit/RTK/blob/master/code/rtkThreeDCircularProjectionGeometry.h#L92>
for which you provide the source and detector positions plus the 3D
coordinates of the two axes of the coordinate system of the projection.
I hope this helps
Simon