[Rtk-users] Curved detector

Cyril Mory cyril.mory at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Dec 2 08:48:04 EST 2016

Hi Shiras,

First, you need to checkout and compile the "rayBasedIterator" branch.

Then, your geometry file must only contain

<RadiusCylindricalDetector>
some value
</RadiusCylindricalDetector>

and it will automatically be handled correctly.

However, not all forward and back projectors have been modified to
handle the curved detector geometry, and only iterative reconstruction
methods will work (FDK with a curved detector hasn't been implemented yet).
So you can use:
- rtksart
- rtkconjugategradient
- rtkregularizedconjugategradient
- rtkadmmtotalvariation
- rtkadmmwavelets
and you need to set the forward projection operator ("--fp" option) to
either Joseph or CudaRayCast, and the back projection operator ("--bp"
option) to Joseph.

We plan to update the existing forward and back projectors so that as
many as possible can handle both flat and curved detectors, but at the
moment only this limited list will work.

Regards,
Cyril