[Rtk-users] Reconstruction problems

Arvid Piehl Lauritsen Böttiger bottiger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 05:42:20 EDT 2015

Hi there

I hope someone can help me me get started with RTK.

First of all I should mention that I have compiled RTK on Windows 7
using Visual Studio 2013. Everything seems to compile and run just
fine.

Secondly: I tried to reproduce this example:
http://wiki.openrtk.org/index.php/RTK/Scripts/FDK

This was somewhat successful - I think. I could generate some
projections, and reconstruct them. However, it just looks like an egg
and not like a Shepp Logan phantom. See attachment.

However, I'm unsure if this is expected or not. I took some homemade
projections (of a small cylinder) and converted them into a MHA file
(using rtkprojections.exe). The file looks correct in ImageJ. The
dimensions are 370 pixels * 195 pixels * 361 projections

You can get the file here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8tsgsh5xxb468f/cylinder.mha?dl=0

The problem is that the reconstruction is wrong (see cylinder_recon).
It looks like the dimensions are not read correctly, but I am unsure
how I fix that? The rtkfdk.exe has a single --dimension parameter, but
I am unsure which dimension that is suppose to be, but neither 195,
370 or any other value I could think of works for me.

I hope someone can help me in the right direction.

best

Arvid