[Rtk-users] Release of RTK v1.1.0

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Jul 1 08:45:35 EDT 2015

Dear RTK users,
RTK v1.1.0 has been released today, about 14 months after RTK v1.0.0.

The main features that have been developed since the previous release are:
- SimpleRTK to run RTK filters (even the CUDA ones) from python scripts, C#
code, and more
- new projection pre-processing options (i0 calculation, scatter
correction, water pre-correction)
- extraction of the respiratory phase from cone-beam projections
- linear programming for field-of-view computation based on a third party
software, lp solve 5.5 <http://lpsolve.sourceforge.net/5.5/>
- management of off-center detector in iterative methods
- new iterative 3D and 4D reconstruction methods with Daubechies wavelets
regularization
- new iterative 4D reconstruction method with motion-aware regularization
- reduction of memory footprint, especially GPU memory
- many new CUDA filters
- more robust (many bugs and memory leaks fixed)
- use of MathJax to display formulas in the documentation, e.g., here
<http://www.openrtk.org/Doxygen/classrtk_1_1FourDConjugateGradientConeBeamReconstructionFilter.html>
.

Many thanks to the increasing number of contributors, in alphabetical
order: Ben Champion, Chao Wu, Cyril Mory, I Putu Susila, Julien Jomier,
Marc Vila, Mathieu Dupont, Matt Clarkson, Peter Keuschnigg, Sébastien
Brousmiche, Simon Rit, Tristan Coulange, Yang K Park.

We don't focus on releases since we have a public github repository
<http://github.com/SimonRit/RTK> that we try to keep stable, I still
recommend the use of the master HEAD over releases to enjoy the new RTK
developments before their release. We still have a few on-going projects
for which we will use and enhance RTK.

Simon (for the RTK consortium)