[Rtk-users] use RTK to perform CBCT reconstruction of short scan

Langechuan Liu llgc at umich.edu
Tue Jan 14 22:39:59 EST 2014

Hello,

I am new to RTK. Thanks to the creators for building such a great toolset.

I found information about RTK because I was trying to perform a CBCT recon
based on a short scan obtained from Varian OBI.

In my specific case, I have 372 projection images (both in the original
Varian .hnd format, and raw projection format converted with plastimatch)
scanned over 220 degrees of the phantom.

I have followed the instructions on the wiki page and successfully
installed RTK. However I could not find much documentation regarding the
parker short scan weighting tool. I did find some prompts after typing into
command line:

user at Cluster:~/RTK/RTK-bin/bin$ ./rtkparkershortscanweighting
./rtkparkershortscanweighting: '--geometry' ('-g') option required
./rtkparkershortscanweighting: '--path' ('-p') option required
./rtkparkershortscanweighting: '--regexp' ('-r') option required
./rtkparkershortscanweighting: '--output' ('-o') option required

Judging from the name, I suppose this rtkparkershortscanweighting tool is
to preprocess the projection data, but I am not sure. I am also puzzled at
what I should specify for each of the options, especially the geometry
option (how should I generate the geometry file, etc). I googled but to no
avail.

Could somebody direct me to a tutorial, or shed some light on the usage of
the command line tool?

Thanks very much!

Best Regards,
Patrick L. Liu