[Rtk-users] Reconstruction problem of C-arm projections

Marc Vila Oliva marc.vila-oliva at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Nov 13 11:55:27 EST 2013

Hello Mr. Wang,

I have tried to reconstruct your data-set using your geometry file and
your projections provided in your DropBox. Considering the number of
projections (292) and the limited angle view (193.1 degrees), I would
say that the results (see attached pictures) are not that bad. Note that
your reconstructed data-set will present truncation due to the truncated
projections that are being used. Therefore you should add a padded value
in order to correct this effect.

One question, how do you pass from your raw images to attenuation
images? In my case I just took the -log of the projections divided by
the max_value (aprox.). I also cropped a bit the projections due to a
high-value frame around the projections.

Then I ran the following command:

// fdk reconstruction
rtkfdk -p . -r Cropped_minuslogprojections.mhd -g geometry.xml -o
test_hann.mha --dimension 128 --spacing 2 --pad 1.2

// mask fov
rtkfieldofview -p projections/. -r im1_.*.mhd -g geometry.xml -o
test_fov.mha --reconstruction test_hann.mha

I hope it helps!

Cheers,
Marc VILA