[Rtk-users] Angular gaps

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed May 15 08:34:44 EDT 2013

Hi Andy,
Unfortunately I'm not going to the AAPM so we'll have to continue
communicating by email. Let us know if there are developments that would be
of interest for RTK.
Regarding your questions:
1. you can not have both a short scan and a displaced detector, otherwise
you have missing data. The consequence of missing data is probably what you
observe here. We could add a check to inform the user but there is
essentially not enough information to reconstruct this.
2. We do weight the projections by uneven angles in the FDK algorithms.
This is done during the 2D weighting. Follow the variable
m_AngularWeightsAndRampFactor in rtkFDKWeightProjectionFilter.txx:
https://github.com/SimonRit/RTK/blob/master/code/rtkFDKWeightProjectionFilter.txx
I hope this helps. Cheers,
Simon