[Rtk-users] Truncation artifact in CBCT reconstruction

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Sat May 11 20:12:33 EDT 2013

Hi Mengjiao,
Yes we do. The simplest solution is described in a paper by Ohnesorge,
Med Phys, 2000. It consists in padding your projection images with
data to smooth the transition to 0. If you use the command line
executable, you have to do something like:
  rtkfdk --pad 1
The parameter will set the amount of padding. 0 means no padding, 0.5
means pad with 50% more data than normally and the max value is 1,
i.e., 100% padding.
If you use the code, you have to do something like
  r->GetRampFilter()->SetTruncationCorrection(1.);
where r is an object of type rtk::FDKConeBeamReconstructionFilter.

We don't have the Noo algorithm implemented yet (two steps,
differentiated backprojection) but we have a project to work on this
next year.
Simon