[Paraview] Paraview-superbuild install fails on MacOS

Sabyasachi Ghosh Dastidar sabyasachi.ghoshdastidar at kuleuven.be
Thu Oct 18 17:27:39 EDT 2018

Hi Cory,

Sure, I can post it there.

Thanks,

Sabyasachi

________________________________
From: Cory Quammen <cory.quammen at kitware.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 3:26 PM
To: Sabyasachi Ghosh Dastidar
Cc: paraview at public.kitware.com
Subject: Re: [Paraview] Paraview-superbuild install fails on MacOS

Hi Sabyasachi,

Thanks,
Cory

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 3:31 AM Sabyasachi Ghosh Dastidar <sabyasachi.ghoshdastidar at kuleuven.be<mailto:sabyasachi.ghoshdastidar at kuleuven.be>> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to build and install paraview with the superbuild procedure on a MacOS. I have a few questions:

1. When "ENABLE_QT5" is off, it builds successfully. However, "make install" fails due to the following error:

----------------------

[ 44%] Built target paraview
[ 88%] Built target cxx11
[100%] Built target cxx11_check
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: "Release"
CTEST_FULL_OUTPUT
CMake Error at /Library/paraview-superbuild/projects/paraview.bundle.common.cmake:99 (file):
  file STRINGS file
  "/Library/paraview-superbuild-build/install/Applications/paraview.app/Contents/Plugins/.plugins"
  cannot be read.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /Library/paraview-superbuild/projects/apple/paraview.bundle.cmake:6 (include)
  CMakeLists.txt:41 (include)

CMake Error at /Library/paraview-superbuild/projects/apple/paraview.bundle.cmake:9 (message):
  Creating the Apple package without the GUI is not supported.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:41 (include)

See also "/Library/paraview-superbuild-build/cpack/paraview/DragNDrop/install/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
CMake Error at superbuild/cmake_install.cmake:46 (message):
  Failed to configure the paraview/DragNDrop package.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake_install.cmake:37 (include)

make: *** [install] Error 1

---------------

How can I approach to fix this or is this a bug specific to MacOS?

2. When "Enable_QT5" is on, the configuration fails stating the following error:

-------------------

CMake Error at superbuild/projects/apple/qt5.cmake:2 (message):
Please set the CMAKE_OSX_SDK to use in Qt5's build
Call Stack (most recent call first):
superbuild/cmake/SuperbuildMacros.cmake:894 (include)
superbuild/CMakeLists.txt:147 (superbuild_process_dependencies)

I was under the impression that superbuild has all dependencies of paraview (such as qt5) included. Therefore, this error was unexpected. To bypass this, should I now first build a version of qt5 (such as 5.8) from source and then configure preview-superbuild by specifying "QT5_DIR"?

Looking forward to your answers.

Best regards,
Sabyasachi

Reliable and Robust Design lab,