[Paraview] color discretization of the legend

Engelen, J. van (Joeri) j.vanengelen1 at uu.nl
Mon Jul 30 05:09:58 EDT 2018

Hi,

I really like the "Color Discretization" function of Paraview in combination with the automatic annotations, as it gives nice, clean legends. (If "number of table values" < 10)
It is now only possible to use automatic "uniform" discretized values for the color map, so I was wondering: Is it also possible as a user to define specify the bins of the discretized color map?
I cannot find it in the GUI (v5.4.1), but perhaps it is possible with the Python API? (Though I cannot find it though in the online documentation)

An alternative is binning the data myself beforehand, by adding an extra variable to my NetCDFs, but that increases filesize slightly, hence this e-mail.

Context:
I work with water salinities as total dissolved solids (TDS g/l). 0 - 1 g/l is drinkable, around 35 g/l is the salinity of seawater and 35 - 100 g/l is considered hypersaline. So my bins are going to be non-uniform.

Kind regards,
Joeri