[Paraview] paraview.simple.Box() and openmpi

ufdup ufdup89 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 04:10:48 EDT 2018

Hi Mathieu,

Sorry for the late reply. Just now I had time to put together a short
example to reproduce the problem (see attachment).

I am running ParaView-5.4.1 on  Debian 9. I am using mpiexec and pvbatch
that come together with ParaView.
My shell command for running the script is: /opt/ParaView-5.4.1/bin/mpiexec
-np 4 pvbatch example.py

I attach a simple python script (example.py) for debugging purposes. Here I
basically create two boxes with same center but one has twice the length of
the other.
If you run this code with one processor you should see that the output
(example.png) displays two concentric boxes. Increasing the processor count
(anything >1)
seems to cause the center of one of the boxes to be misplaced.

This problem only appears when the boxCenter is something different than
[0.,0.,0.]. Modifying line 8 of the attached script and setting boxCenter
to [0.,0.,0.] results in
correct behavior.

Kind Regards,
Tiago