[Paraview] Single point with different values

Guillermo guillermo180395 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 09:18:19 EDT 2018

Dear all,

I am visualizing a .vtu file and I noticed that one of the points from
the mesh (visualize the data with the "Surface with edges" option") has
different values for the same variable. When visualizing the variable it
shows that, this specific variable has a value of 0.667, however, when
using the hover points over tool, it shows that the variable has another
different value, 1.107. Using spreadsheet view, I could locate the first
value and its associate Point ID. Then I located the second value, the
one from the hover tool, and it has a different Point ID. Both
coordinates are the same for both points ID.

My question is, is that a problem from paraview which uses two points
for the same coordinates or is that a problem from the solver I used to
compute the solution?
My main concernis that maybe I am visualizing wrong results, it is
showing the first value and it should be showing the second instead.

I use Point Data for that specific variable. Paraview version 5.0.1.
Ubuntu OS.

I do not attach the file because it is 9Mb size, but if you need, please
let me know.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,
Guillermo Suarez