[Paraview] How find local maxima of a scalar field in a slice

Caffagni, Andrea Andrea.Caffagni at ferrari.com
Mon Apr 16 14:56:09 EDT 2018

Dear David your point is interesting,
But unfortunately if you have a quasi-flat surface with some locals maxima, the gradient is around zero in a big surface of your domain.
For my problem seems very interesting the tool proposed by Jean:
https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/

The installation seems to be a bit tricky but I want install the software and try how it can work.

Responding to Mathieu:
I need a tool that can  run without my supervision and it can find the local maxima in an autonomous way.

As soon as possible I come back to you and share my experience.
For the moment I really thank you for your suggestions.

Best Regards,
Andrea