[Paraview] Simple animation query

Rupert Gladstone rupertgladstone1972 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 07:47:05 EDT 2018

Hi, I am trying to learn how to make animations in Paraview by moving the
camera.  I have downloaded Paraview 5.5 on Windows 10.  Whenever I try to
use orbit or path (whether using my own data or the can.ex2 data set or a
simple cone source, doesn't seem to make a difference) I get several
instances of this error as soon as I press the blue plus botton:

Generic Warning: In
C:\bbd\7cc78367\build\superbuild\paraview\src\ParaViewCore\ServerManager\Core\vtkSMPropertyHelper.cxx,
line 641

Call not supported for the current property type.

If I try the orbit option I get the orbit parameters pop up window before
the error messages.  If I select path I go straight to the error messages.
I'd just like to make a simple animation where I have a simple path to show
some key features of a 3D non-transient data set.

There are a couple of screenshots here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgZvu2hmiPjh3VRRGjHLQRPI6trx
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgZvu2hmiPjh3VOclc7SUzpZLcSn

I've also tried it with Paraview 5.0.  I can't get anywhere with that
either.  No popups appear when I press the blue plus button (something with
parameters should pop up right?), though I don't get actual error messages
as such.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!
Rupert

Rupert Gladstone, PhD
Antarctic Ice Sheet researcher, University of Lapland
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/fisoc
https://lacris.ulapland.fi/en/persons/rupert-gladstone(21a10f7f-3ea9-4c06-b9a4-320eb4ca8e29).html
https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=FNgAsPkAAAAJ
http://www.researcherid.com/rid/C-1086-2013