[Paraview] ParaView session state

Aron Helser aron.helser at kitware.com
Tue Sep 26 13:33:28 EDT 2017

Hi Eduardo,
I think you've basically got it, but the state is more complicated than you
think. Basically everything has a vtkSMProxy, and those proxies contain the
state of the pipeline, representation, and views. Anything that is modified
from the defaults gets saved in the state file. The vtkSMSessionProxyManager
is the root of a session, as you've found.
The input data is saved in the state file as absolute paths, and you do
need the input data. When you read state, it has that intelligent option to
search for the data files in another directory...

I've just been learning this stuff trying to add dynamic lights to
ParaView, so hopefully I'm close :)

HTH, Regards,
Aron