[Paraview] Did we change vtk/numpy_interface/internal_algorithms dot routine?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Sep 25 15:46:59 EDT 2017

Yes, in 2014, I added a dot function that is better suited to what folks
expect out of ParaView (do a dot of each vector on each point or cell). If
you want the numpy.dot, you can do:

import numpy
numpy.dot(a,b)

rather than just
dot(a,b)

In general, I would recommend not ever doing from numpy import * and always
using the numpy.XXX form.

Best,
-berk

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Dennis Conklin <dennis_conklin at goodyear.com