[Paraview] Properties Scroll Slowly with Cursor over Series Parameters

Joel Kulesza jkulesza at umich.edu
Sat Oct 14 01:20:07 EDT 2017

Colleagues:

Has anyone else experienced unusably slow vertical scrolling through the
parameters dialog when the mouse is over the Series Parameters (i.e., the
various data series to plot)?  I'm seeing this on a 2017 MacBook Pro
running macOS 10.12.6.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load a legacy VTK file with ~2 dozen data series (I'm using line chart
data).  The amount doesn't matter, but must be enough to take up a
nontrivial amount of the properties pane.
2. Click the properties "gear" to enable advanced properties (to give more
real estate to scroll through).
3. Position cursor next to "X Axis Parameters" label (a neutral area).
4. Begin to slowly scroll the dialog to reveal lower parts.  This should be
fluid until the cursor, floating above the scrolling content, comes over
the box of variables/swatches/legend names.  For this scrolling, because
I'm on a laptop, I'm using the "two-finger drag" on the touchpad.

Once the cursor is over the Series Parameters scrolling will become almost
impossible.  The only way to overcome this is to move the cursor over the
macOS vertical scroll bar, and scroll here.  This isn't an ideal solution
because this scrollbar is hidden by default.  Another approach is to
swipe/scroll so quickly as to let the inertia carry the cursor over this
trouble region.

This is very likely macOS specific, but it would be be helpful if someone
could confirm.  If confirmed, I'll file an issue in the tracker.

Please contact me with any comments, questions, or concerns.

Thank you,
Joel

Joel A. Kulesza, P.E.Ph.D. Candidate / Graduate Student Researcher
 University of Michigan, College of EngineeringNuclear Engineering &
Radiological Sciences Dept.2355 Bonisteel Boulevard
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2104, USAMobile:  +1 (734) 223-7312Email:
jkulesza at umich.eduHome Page:  http://www.engin.umich.edu/ners/