[Paraview] Segfault with simple C++ filter derived from vtkMultiTimeStepAlgorithm

Messner, Mark Christian messner at anl.gov
Mon Nov 27 11:41:11 EST 2017

In my ongoing quest to get a filter to process multiple time steps worth of data into a single result field I've attempted to derive a C++ vtk filter from vtkMultiTimeStepAlgorithm.  However, the attached simple example  segfaults out when I try to apply it in paraview.  All it should do is a shallow copy of input to output for now.  I don't have much luck getting a stacktrace from paraview but it appears to be bombing at:

getIconType (this=0x4109120)
    at /home/messner/Downloads/ParaView-v5.4.1/Qt/Components/pqPipelineModel.cxx:232
232            return this->getIconType(source->getOutputPort(0))

Can someone please help or point me to a minimal working example of a vtkMultiTimeStepAlgorithm filter?

Thanks,

Mark