[Paraview] Equally spaced points on a slice (for the streamlines)

Andrew antech777 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 07:17:05 EST 2017

Hello.
Sorry for being so slow, got lots of work with reports...
Just tried Mandelbrot filter applied to a slice. With defaults, it created
a kind of fractal rotated and translated relative to original slice. Should
I use some particular settings to just resample? Also, tried Wavelet and
Gaussian resample. These filters create volumes being appliet to the slice
so it seems that they doesnt fit my needs. Any suggestions? Is there some
simple filter to resample arbitrary surface in ParaView.
Thanks for your attention. (Now I use Mask Points with the same problem of
un-even point distribution, the best results are with Random sampling +
randomised ID strides, but without limiting the maximum number of points;
instead of this limit I preview points with glyphs and then feed these
point to the Stream tracer with custom source)