[Paraview] OpenGL inside VMWare virtual machine

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Nov 16 09:41:51 EST 2017

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 11:40:43 -0500, Ken Martin wrote:
> Basically there is a bug in Qt on windows where it refuses to see the 3.2
> context from Mesa because it is not a compatibility context.

On startup, Qt makes a context without a profile. Mesa gives it the best
compatibility profile it can: 2.0. Qt then interprets this as the
highest OpenGL version available and clamps all requests to this
version. The entire behavior is mystifying to me, but the issue has been
filed here:

    https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-60742

--Ben