[Paraview] example code for cell data representation

u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr
Sat May 27 04:35:47 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am looking for an example C++ code that demonstrates definition of cell
data in vtkStructuredGrid. I have a code that defined fields as point data
but I would like to convert it to cell representation. As I know that cell
data does not need to extra ghost point along the edges in
vtkMultiPieceDataSet inside of vtkMultiBlockDataSet. Please correct me if
i am wrong. So, definition of the fields as cell data will improve my code
performance because I am doing lots of collective communications to create
extra ghost regions along the boundaries and as you guess it reduces the
overall performance of my code.

Regards,

--ufuk