[Paraview] VTK classes not found in paraview

Vogel Dorian dorian.vogel at fhnw.ch
Tue May 23 10:01:37 EDT 2017

Hello again,

I still have one issue remaining that I couldn't solve:

I added the RequestInformation Sript to my programmable filter, which dynamically sets the WHOLE_EXTENT attribute so that it corresponds to the extent of the input (polyData) and everything renders properly.

However, if I save the state like this, and reload it in a fresh session, the RequestInformation script reports self.GetInputDataObject(0,0).GetBounds() for be (1.0, -1.0, 1.0, -1.0, 1.0, -1.0). And then of course the output of the filter is not rendered.

I assume the mistake here is to query self.GetInputDataObject in the RequestInformation, because what I understand is, when loading, all RequestInformation scripts are called before any requestData. Thus, the upstream data doesn't exist.

If all of this is true, how can I access the upstream WHOLE_EXTENT from the informationRequest script to propagate the value in my filter ?

You can find attached an example save state.

Best regards,

--

Dorian Vogel