[Paraview] Computing strain and stress from displacement

Eric Gbadam ekgtg2 at mst.edu
Sat May 20 20:44:11 EDT 2017

Dear all,

I have x- and y-coordinates of discrete particles with their displacements
imported into Paraview. I successfully used the Delaunay 2D filter to
display the displacement contours.

I would like to display the strains and stresses of these discrete points.
My guess is to use the compute derivates filter to do this task. However,
several tries did not yield any results.

I would appreciate some help in this direction.

Regards

--

<http://www.mst.edu/>

Eric Gbadam
Graduate Research Assistant
Mechanical/Mining and Nuclear Engineering

B6 McNutt Hall, 1400 N Bishop Ave, Rolla, MO 65401
573-341-7647 <5733417647> | cell: 573-201-0415 <5732010415>
ekgtg2 at mst.edu | mne.mst.edu