[Paraview] VTK classes not found in paraview

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed May 17 10:02:03 EDT 2017

Mathieu,

The file is indeed present, but ParaView is not building VTK's
ImagingStencil module by default, and it is not available in the
official binary.

Dorian,

If you are building ParaView, turn ON the advanced VTK_Group_Imaging
makes vtkPolyDataToImageStencil available in Python scripting.

Rustem,

This indirectly answers your earlier question about VTK_Group_Imaging.

Best,
Cory

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 9:27 AM, Mathieu Westphal
<mathieu.westphal at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> This class is present in the last master of paraview with updated submodules
> :
> paraview/VTK/Imaging/Stencil/vtkPolyDataToImageStencil.cxx
>
> Regards,
>
> Mathieu Westphal
>
> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Vogel Dorian <dorian.vogel at fhnw.ch> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Based on
>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/PolyDataToImageData, I am
>> converting polyData surfaces into vtkImage. Now that the process is stable,
>> I would like to integrate the python script created in a paraview pipeline
>> (first as a programmable filter).
>>

>> However, many vtk classes are not found in Paraview (ether python shell or
>> in programmable filters), such as vtkPolyDataToImageStencil.
>>

>> Is there a way to have them ? Or is there a way to force Paraview to use
>> the system's VTK and Python ?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dorian Vogel

>> Powered by www.kitware.com